Ebullience: CRYSTALEST X THECLOTHESCO

Sunday, January 31, 2016







Despite Sydney's temperamental weather, I seem to insist on wearing as little colour as possible whether it be white, black or grey. However, my swing cami top (a recent purchase over the holidays) is perfect for the days with just a little more sun. I've paired it with my trusty black skorts and, of course, some black boots. To finish off the ensemble, I threw on some gold rings to break up all that black.







We ran into this little guy while shooting


Crystal and I had so much fun working on this collab!! She is such a wonderful person and we sat down for a lovely conversation about our inspirations and favourites:

What inspired you to start blogging?
What inspired me to start blogging is sorta a little bit weird of a story, I had really no intention to end up fashion focused which I guess was a little bit inevitable knowing myself. And that makes absolutely no sense so I'll take it back to the start, basically for the past few years (like 5??) I've been very into fashion not necessarily executed the top trends myself but just falling in love with clothes and all that. At first after seeing a few other girls, 'ordinary' Sydney based people my age have these amazing sites of their own where they could share content as they desired and just the overall ability to lay out and share your life appealed to me. I loved photos and Instagram was too restricting, tumblr too ambiguous and Facebook too personal I just decided to kick it and go for it. From there I guess my blog's just developed :))

Favourite locations for photos?
I am yet to find a spot to call my own and fall in love with but as of now generally speaking Surry Hills is my go to. Give a girl a good wall and she can conquer the world said no one ever but Surry is full of them and the atmosphere of the suburb, if that makes any sense, just sends good vibes at me so I love taking photos there. Other than that I'll sometimes do a lil research for some locations and head there if I'm feelin it. 

What are your current top 3 favourite pieces?
One of my favourite pieces right now is a little bit understated but definitely a summer staple. It's these cute little white shorts by Luck & Trouble and I've worn them to death throughout the summer and continue to do so, they're incredibly comfy (thank you very much elastic waist) and tie into my current style. I also love my belt from Princess Polly which has made numerous appearances in my photos, Instagram and if you just see me in person, I literally swear by this belt if it's possible. And last but not least my denim jacket that I grabbed from Glebe I want to say about a year ago has been worn to death. it is definitely one of the best purchases I have ever made a steal for $40!! for the number of times I wear it. again it's a constant pop up in any of my photos. 

Style inspirations?
My style inspirations have changed quite a lot over the past year, Jenn Im used to be a big influence but recently I've seen myself gravitating towards the Aussie style babes. Cartia Mallan is my number one go to girl right now for style, she just has the really bohemian chill vibe that I've been really into. I also just take general inspiration from people on the streets or my favourite websites!


If you haven't already, make sure to head on over to Crystal's blog to see my take on these q's and for some more photos from our day together!! You can also find her on Instagram here.

Special thanks to Kate for taking our photos

0 comments